A quick note to all of our employers in the Albany, Mt Barker & Denmark region: WorkCover WA officers will be visiting the Great Southern region, specifically, Albany, Denmark and Mount Barker from 19 to 22 February 2019 to conduct compliance checks and provide education regarding workers’ compensation.
These are the key messages they want you to know about:
- employers in WA must have workers’ compensation insurance
- workers’ compensation insurance does not automatically renew each year
- public liability insurance is not the same as workers’ compensation insurance
- family members paid to work in a business must be insured
- contractors and sub-contractors can be ‘workers’ and may require cover
- ‘business packages’ from insurers often exclude workers’ compensation liability, so it’s important to check you have the correct cover
Their Facebook page has more info, so have a look over there if you need to. If you would like to catch up with them while they are here, to ask questions or address concerns you may have regarding workers’ compensation, please contact their Communications & Education team on (08) 9388 5697 or email email@example.com to arrange this.
For more information about workers’ compensation:
- contact our Advice and Assistance line on 1300 794 744
- watch our online educational videos available at www.workcover.wa.gov.au/resources/educational-videos
- read Workers’ compensation essentials – Employer fact sheet
If you’re a small business looking at hiring your first employee or looking at expanding your team, please remember that along with WorkCover WA, Business Great Southern can help you with this process. Phone 98418809 to make your appointment.